Monday, July 6, 2009

Kyou OVA Post [CLANNAD]



Today's post will basically be about the Kyou OVA, or episode 25 of CLANNAD After Story. Similiarly to the Tomoyo Another World episode in the last season, this one shows the Kyou route, meaning no Nagisa, no Fuuko, no Kotomi, no Tomoyo. Just the Fujibayashi sisters in action.

Some things that bothered me about this episode was the weirder looking art and the sort of out-of-character-ness that some of the characters showed.

The art first, Tomoya seemed to look drugged for like half the episode. He had eyebags, a strangely sharp chin and a worried expression, like all the time. The girls all looked okay though, but since Tomoya was centred for most of the episode, it was a little weird, to the point that I actually noticed.

As for the OOC-ness, Ryou was strangely comfortable around Tomoya during the dating period, no stuttering or anything, even asking Tomoya to call her by her first name with no hesitation. Tomoya seemed to be... well, just too quiet. Kyou didn't have her usual tsundere on her, you could only see the deredere (soft side) of her. Sure, she was acting tough but you didn't see that outright.. Kyou-ness that you saw for most of the episode.

Enjoy the pics, took me 20 minutes to compile the things. Definitely a good episode overall, loved that they took care of the Kyou fans, myself included.

Comments are meant mainly for Bristan, he played the Kyou route after all.


Kiss in the park scene


I don't remember this part happening in the VN, but is a intense moodswing moment.


The part where you choose to go Kyou good end or bad end. Voices here are much nicer than the ones in the VN, maybe because of the dynamic of watching Tomoya wrestle Kyou into an embrace, as well as quiet whispers from Kyou. Awesome scene.


I actually didn't like this part at first, because the constant blinking comparisons between Ryou and Kyou were really headache inducing, but after rewatching again I find that it's really.. um.. impactful? Since their twins and all, seeing their outer faces and inner hearts compared with one another was great.


Yes, I suck at words to substitute 'good'.


Okay. Basically, love Kyou much more again, have that burst of URGENESS to play CLANNAD again, but I highly doubt I'll end up doing it. Need to make some KyouxTomoya avatars for my MSN.

Bristan, srzly, if you haven't watched this or After Story yet, you should. Totally.
..
Ah shit, school tomorrow.

-Haruhiist


No comments: