Lots of shit has happened in the last 2 days. Wednesday happened to be my birthday, and I was too busy doing random happy shit to care about posting. Hence, I'm fillin' you all in on what happened, how it happened, and why it happened.
Since I'm generally an asshat, I'll do this in 5 sections with a content page.
1) My Birthday
2) Midnight Party
3) Crying Chemistry
4) Euphoric English
5) Roflplantweedshit
1 - My Birthday
It's the 8th of July. Was relatively excited for school since Merrill blurted out something about a surprise and Dornel kept speaking of free drinks. This was a lie though. In the end, I was called out to 3.18 by Zong and Bristan, and was thrown banana cake - a.k.a a photo album of all the random shit that's happened in the last year. Made me smile, I felt great and didn't know what to say, so I just mumbled 'thanks' and left.
Book contains pictures of me at Malacca, facepalming at the orphanage, being facepalmed by Zong at the CPA, my fat faggish faggotry from Malacca (I'm so glad I'm thinner now), the 1337-patrol picture from Recruits Camp, pictures of all of ya, along with signatures. Me with white gooey cream on my face, and finally the epic LAST DAY OF 2.05 picture.
Thanks guys.
2 - Midnight Party
Uh, was surprised when I got over 20 birthday wishes. Dornel is apparantly nosey enough to go around telling people to wish me Happy Birthday. Thanks for that, but next time don't ever do it. It feels fake and cheap. Also got birthday presents, at midnight, over the internet.
3 - Crying Chemistry
Was dozing off during Chemistry today. Woke up towards the end of the period to find myself staring at our dear Chemistry teacher, Mr. Mervyn Heng, being frustrated with our class to the point of tears. I never thought that teachers really cared for us, but this apparantly proves me wrong. Thanks Mr. Mervyn Heng, for caring for us to the point where you'd start tearing in the lesson.
Obligatory message because he may find my blog one day.
4 - Euphoric English
Alliteration title is a lie. English was stupid. Had to cut out newspaper headlines as a 'fun-class-project' but since my house only has chinese ones, I was relying on other people. In the end, Mr. Arzami faults us for being 5 minutes late, not accepting the reason of WE-HAD-FRIGGIN-PRACTICAL. Then he faults us for taking 10 minutes to cut out the newspaper headlines, I can understand his rage for this one, even though he kept saying it was 15 minutes (in reference to being 5 min late).
Later on he leaves ~20 minutes early. We all start playing around, and he comes back in a furious rage, banging the door. He speaks in a quiet, intimidating voice. I stand there, looking at him with the face that goes 'what the fuck gives you the right to talk to me that way'. He doesn't seem to take notice. As he rattles on about how we are being dishonest and cannot be trusted, I think up a nice 'STFU' argument.
"Mr. Arzami, how can you prove that we knew your lesson ended early? You say that you did not know because of the new timetable, and this being the first week of Week B with the new timetable. It is also new for us, maybe we didn't know either?"
I imagine the situation. He stares at me, dumbfounded. He then threatens to DP me because he can't think of any retort.
"Fine, sir. I get a demerit. But you lose this argument. You lost a debate against a Year 3."
He is dumbfounded again, mouth agape. I get suspended.
5 - Roflplantweedshit
I did CIP. I extracted weeds from the ground.
I got bitten by ants in all the wrong places.
Moral of the story - ants in your pants is not a great thing.
-Haruhiist
EXTENSION!
I wrote this late at night for my English Compo homework. Ended up writing a long love story-esque thing. Probably influenced by my animes, but imo it has made me a better person, not worse.
Name: Nicholas Tan Xuan
Class: 3.07 Daniel
Topic: Journey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The door creaks open. A small child and her mother come in. My old bones creak, I move my right hand up in a weak attempt to wave at the child, who has a frightened expression on her face. It is hard to blame her, she is meeting her grandfather for the first time, a grandfather that lay in his bed, tied down by a terminal illness. The child walks to me, bringing her innocent self closer to me. I smile, stroking her hair.
“Hello, Alice.”
No reply. She must be scared beyond what she is showing.
“Would you like to hear Grandpa’s story about how I met your grandmother?”
I lay my head back down, looking at Alice, a gentle expression on my face. She seems to have calmed down from the initial heart racing fear. I continue to stroke her hair, as my life’s events flash before my eyes. I narrate the events to her.
I am now 17 years old. I had fallen in love with a girl. She had beautiful brown locks that extended a little past her shoulders, hazel brown eyes that seemed to glitter like a dazzling diamond and the most beautiful smile to ever grace my field of vision. Right now, I am going to confess, taking the opportunity since she is alone. I walk up to her, and she looks up at me. I stutter. I have perfectly rehearsed lines, but the words are stuck in my throat. I am unable to get them out. She looks at me, with a strange look. Finally, mustering up whatever courage I had, I exclaimed.
“I like you! Will you please go out with me?”
I now stand before the very girl I had confessed to 8 years ago. She had initially rejected me, but after spending some time as friends and getting to know each other better, we entered a five year relationship. Surprising, how long it lasted. It was like great having a girlfriend. Going for dates, quiet walks in the park, showing affection through simple gestures like snuggling or hugs. Not this time though. We had just gone through a series of arguments, and now we were at risk of ending this bliss. Tears streamed down her cheeks, but I could not do anything. Bad things will happen, it’s inevitable. My heart aches, but I can do nothing.
Bells ring. I watch as a girl whom I have been with for almost ten years walk down the aisle dressed in a beautiful white dress. I smile, taking her hand, helping her up the steps. The priest reads from his book, but I do not hear it. I stare at her, focused on her and only on her. I say my vow, she says hers. I slide a ring onto her left ring finger, and she does likewise. The priest says the ending line, the one involving a kiss. I lean down, bringing my face closer to hers...
Back to reality. Teaching Alice about her deceased grandmother was the best thing I could do for her before I depart from this realm. I stroke her head one last time, and move my arm back to my side. My body feels light suddenly, and my vision goes blurry. At first, I am confused, but then I accept it. The end of this long, long journey. Once again, a smile crosses my face. My eyes shut, and I let myself float in this warm feeling.
I wrote this late at night for my English Compo homework. Ended up writing a long love story-esque thing. Probably influenced by my animes, but imo it has made me a better person, not worse.
Name: Nicholas Tan Xuan
Class: 3.07 Daniel
Topic: Journey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The door creaks open. A small child and her mother come in. My old bones creak, I move my right hand up in a weak attempt to wave at the child, who has a frightened expression on her face. It is hard to blame her, she is meeting her grandfather for the first time, a grandfather that lay in his bed, tied down by a terminal illness. The child walks to me, bringing her innocent self closer to me. I smile, stroking her hair.
“Hello, Alice.”
No reply. She must be scared beyond what she is showing.
“Would you like to hear Grandpa’s story about how I met your grandmother?”
I lay my head back down, looking at Alice, a gentle expression on my face. She seems to have calmed down from the initial heart racing fear. I continue to stroke her hair, as my life’s events flash before my eyes. I narrate the events to her.
I am now 17 years old. I had fallen in love with a girl. She had beautiful brown locks that extended a little past her shoulders, hazel brown eyes that seemed to glitter like a dazzling diamond and the most beautiful smile to ever grace my field of vision. Right now, I am going to confess, taking the opportunity since she is alone. I walk up to her, and she looks up at me. I stutter. I have perfectly rehearsed lines, but the words are stuck in my throat. I am unable to get them out. She looks at me, with a strange look. Finally, mustering up whatever courage I had, I exclaimed.
“I like you! Will you please go out with me?”
I now stand before the very girl I had confessed to 8 years ago. She had initially rejected me, but after spending some time as friends and getting to know each other better, we entered a five year relationship. Surprising, how long it lasted. It was like great having a girlfriend. Going for dates, quiet walks in the park, showing affection through simple gestures like snuggling or hugs. Not this time though. We had just gone through a series of arguments, and now we were at risk of ending this bliss. Tears streamed down her cheeks, but I could not do anything. Bad things will happen, it’s inevitable. My heart aches, but I can do nothing.
Bells ring. I watch as a girl whom I have been with for almost ten years walk down the aisle dressed in a beautiful white dress. I smile, taking her hand, helping her up the steps. The priest reads from his book, but I do not hear it. I stare at her, focused on her and only on her. I say my vow, she says hers. I slide a ring onto her left ring finger, and she does likewise. The priest says the ending line, the one involving a kiss. I lean down, bringing my face closer to hers...
Back to reality. Teaching Alice about her deceased grandmother was the best thing I could do for her before I depart from this realm. I stroke her head one last time, and move my arm back to my side. My body feels light suddenly, and my vision goes blurry. At first, I am confused, but then I accept it. The end of this long, long journey. Once again, a smile crosses my face. My eyes shut, and I let myself float in this warm feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment