I didn't expect much from it at the start - not at all.
I thought it would be another Naruto.
Or maybe another Bleach.
Bloody HELL I was WRONG.
THAT WAS FUCKING EPIC!
Even though it has the typical Shonen style of the heroes breaking through most impossible probabilities (Hell, even the characters in the show talked about them breaking through the functional probability of the universe controlled by their enemies, A.K.A they were fighting Gods), even though it has a relatively normal base plot (Going through anything and everything to defeat their enemies), even though it's a freaking Shonen anime...
It was awesome. It's one of those animes that make me want to spend $200 on merchandise. Actually, I'm already looking at that. There are a lot more clothing merchandise than any other anime I've seen before. Hell, I'm looking at buying a jacket - the one that Simon wears for normal use, or the black collar shirt (like our school uniform) that has Yoko's quote on it.
I can't even begin to describe it in words - I don't know where to start. The only other animes that stays above Gurren Lagann now are CLANNAD and True Tears - no matter how profound the latter was.
Currently my standings are:
1. CLANNAD/Afterstory
2. True Tears
3. Gurren Lagann/Toradora
5. Kanon/AIR
7. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
8. Lucky Star
9. Code Geass/R2
10. Ichigo 100%
Speaking of which. True Tears is another anime I finished recently (in the past week). It is another short anime which only lasts like 13 episodes, and while it isn't a tearjerker like CLANNAD or Kanon, it has much more subtle.. tearjerking? It kind of makes your heart cry rather than your physical self. Aaaah~ While I won't spoil it for you guys, I definitely recommend both Gurren Lagann and True Tears.
By the way, Bristan, if you're interested in continuing to watch Toradora (or another other of these animes for that matter), you can always ask me to send it to you.
And if any of you want to reform into watching anime, you can always ask me.
Also, I'm giving out cutest girl in anime awards now. Note that these are all IMO.
CLANNAD: Ushio Okazaki/Fuuko Ibuki/Kyou Fujibayashi/Nagisa Okazaki (I couldn't pick one.)
Gurren Lagann: Darry (Seriously)
Code Geass/R2: None, but if I had to pick one it'd be C.C.
True Tears: Noe
Lucky Star: Kagamin
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: Who else? Suzumiya Haruhi-sama
Kanon: Makoto
AIR: Misuzu Kamio
Ichigo 100%: Yui
Rosario+Vampire: Yuki Hime (I forgot her name...)
Negima: Nodoka
Love Hina: The Nodoka-like girl... I forget her name too.
Heh. Let the fandom reach a whole new level.
"Believe in yourself. Believe in you who believes in yourself."
-HARUHIIST
No comments:
Post a Comment