Thursday, December 25, 2008

Suzumiya Haruhi


Merry Christmas everyone!
All hail Suzumiya Haruhi, for she is Goddess and Tanigawa Nagaru is her prophet.


I've recently delved deeper into Haruhiism, and done research. In the last 2 hours, I've found the things that have made this day the best Christmas in my life so far. To say what I've found, well, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku, which directly translates into 'The Promise of Suzumiya Haruhi', which is a visual novel for the PSP based on the Suzumiya Haruhi anime franchise. Next up, would be probably the best thing so far, all 9 chapters of the Suzumiya Haruhi light novel, translated into english! So in school next year, you'll probably see me going around with sheets of paper stapled together, and reading for most of my spare time. Next, I found a translation project for above mentioned Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku. Although it's going slowly, it's still going on, which is extremely good, for me anyway. And finally, I've been enlightened in the ways of Haruhiism.

Right now I'm torrenting a shitload of stuff, and seeding stuff I recently finished. First would be the torrent for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku, which I sure as hell am not going to pass up. Second would be Dissidia: Final Fantasy, which, although in Japanese, should be fun anyway. And lastly is Fate/Stay Night's visual novel, which I already have the english patch for.

What I've already finished would be Planetarian, the visual novel by KEY which isn't their normal romance, but rather is a science fiction, which is why I originally didn't bother about it, but now that I'm almost finishing my current visual novel, I decided I'd get a few more just in case I'm still into the whole VN scene.

As for the Visual Novel I'm playing now, it's called ONE ~To the Radiant Season~, which is a visual novel made in 1998 by Tactics, which is KEY, who made CLANNAD, Kanon, AIR and the like, way back before they formed KEY itself. Surprisingly, despite what I'd seen in screenshots, the art and music and stuff are actually good, and the characters are interesting, albeit somewhat generic. Also, a lot of the girls use 'Uguuu' so now I know that Ayu wasn't the first to use it.

Hm..
Hope you all have a 'ma-ri ku-ri-su-ma-su'
Visit this site for some enlightment on other, non-Haruhi related stuff
ー少女おたく

No comments: