I just finished watching until episode 10 of the 2006 Kanon series. I have to say, it kept my eyes watery for about 20 minutes or so. Well, like Dornel said, there wasn't any outright bawling for the most part, but the little details like Akiko turning away and sobbing quietly as Yuiichi and Makoto left the house, made the whole thing just as sad. But the Makoto and Fuuko arcs were kind of similiar in how it ended abruptly, and it builds up right from the 2nd or 3rd episodes where they make everyone in the anime slowly grow to like the character (Makoto/Fuuko) more, and then suddenly the main hero (Yuiichi/Tomoya) finds out that their time with the character is limited, and they start to spend time together, ultimately spending one or two nights together with that character (No Sexual Activity intended), before they have to part.
Mm, I really liked Makoto though. She was quite cute, and the 'Auuu~' thing, I thought it was a 'cute sound' that all the Kanon girls seem to have, except after awhile I realised that it was the sound that the fox could make.
As usual, KyoAni's choice of music made for the perfect sad atmosphere that would ultimate lead up to the end, and it has left a deep strong impression on me.
I was talking to Sasha just now (You might remember that I met with her a few months ago), and apparantly not all girls like to watch these, so-called, 'boring and slow' anime, and actually would rather have action and stuff. So I figure I'm just a weird male at this point. A weird male that enjoys watching Shoujo that no one else watches.
I'm going to the EOY anime convention with Merrill and gang instead of my JS friend on Saturday, but chances are I'll make a blog post tomorrow about Valkyria Chronicles and my next Kanon arc (I probably cover two or three full arcs by tomorrow, maybe even finish the whole anime.)
それじゃ、じゃね!
ー少女おたく
No comments:
Post a Comment