Monday, December 1, 2008

Lucky Star~

おはらき!~

Recently I've taken a break from playing the CLANNAD game, after finishing off Kotomi's arc, to start rewatching Lucky Star. This one, I can't really say how many of you would like it. If anyone, I expected Merrill to like it but apparantly he found it boring so, I guess my whole assumption thing is off.

Well, it's December, as Dornel gladly comes to tell me around the 1st minute of December 1st. Christmas is coming soon and we only have a week of this holiday before we all go back into 'normal life'. And for you lucky people, you won't have to deal with Keith Tan or Arzami, damn it all.

Recently been hit by some kind of virus or something, my computer freezes if too many applications are going on, but since AVG can't pick up any virus, I'm assuming my computer is just running low on memory or something. Ah, my uncle from my father's side bought me Call of Duty: World at War and Fallout 3 so I can say something about them in this post.
___
Call of Duty: World at War

- I've only played until like the second mission, but I found the Co-Op screen placement quite ridiculous. The whole horizontal stacking thing worked fine, but in CoD:WaW, the screens are diagonally placed, so if you have a small TV, you're pretty much screwed right there. Also, the character skins for the Japanese and the Americans are only that little bit different, not counting the Japanese having a headband with the Japanese flag painted on it. Also they seem to like running at me wielding their bayonet guns and trying to poke me to death. The revive system is kind of lame in the Co-Op system, and I personally found it odd that the AI wouldn't ever bother about you on the floor, and often step over you. Another thing that kind of bugs me about these revival systems is that you are ready to get-up-and-go as soon as you get bandaged. And then you just fall down to that last bit of HP and you need to be revived again, but when you do there are no side-effects. If you really want a realistic experience, at least add like a cripple to running or a shaky aim-screen for a few seconds after being revived.

- The gun selection looks pretty sad too. So far out of 2 levels and almot 40 minutes of gameplay, I've only had the Namba pistol, the BAR, M1 Garand and some Japanese rifle, a 100-type machine gun-ish thingy and a 99-type disposal (?) machine gun thingy, and that one Thompson that my brother found in a secret area. Anyway, the real experience probably will come in online play, so hopefully I get my PS3's network settings up and proper soon.

__
Fallout 3

- Maybe it's just not my kind of game. I found it REALLY boring, and the whole dull backgrounds and all were very.. boring. So far the fighting system has me down. The V.A.S.T thingy, or something like that, pauses all time so you can properly shoot here and there, and whatnot. But to wear your weapon, or switch weapons, you have to press start, go to the menu, choose the items menu, pick the item you want, and then exit the menu. Kind of troublesome, since they could have used some other button set to do this.

- Anyway can't say much about this. Since it was a gift from my uncle, my mom didn't want me to ask him to exchange because she felt bad about it, but then I'd just have a PS3 game that I don't want to play. So I asked her to ask my uncle whether I can get Valkyria Chronicles and exchange in Fallout 3 for, well, that. Hopefully the shop has it, because I'm anticipating VC more than LittleBigPlanet. Anyway, for now I'll be playing WaW, but not too much, I think I've neglected my poor CLANNAD.exe

Ugu~~
-しょうじょおたくsama

No comments: