Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kanon and.. other.. random.. shit...

Well, on Tuesday, December 8th, us as a group went out together, presumably for the last time before school starts and we all go our seperate ways in our different classes. Hopefully we all keep in touch, and I mean that with everyone, even Dornel and Thomas. Okay maybe not so much Thomas. But I'll definitely miss talking to you guys in between classes (Zong, Dornel, Thomas, David), even you guys that I don't talk to in between classes (Bristan, Danyal). I'm sure I'll keep in touch with Merrill and Dornel since we're all e-geeks and we enjoy playing against pubbies together, in contrast to Zong, Thomas, Bristan and Danyal. Hopefully, in the future we not only play DotA together, but we still go out together, and maybe even fulfill Zong's 'tradition' of organising a 'GayFest' every holiday that we can do one for. It looks like we won't have one for '08 December though, or maybe I just won't be here when it happens.

By the way, I'll be on holiday from 15th to the 19th of December.

As I was saying, on Tuesday, we met up at Borders and after much arguing, frustration and irritation, me and Zong caved in and decided to watch 'Bolt' with Danyal, Bristan and Merrill. After that we walked around Orchard thinking where to eat, until I finally decided to suggest Takashimaya, and Merrill led us there. We all ate Japanese food, basically, and later on we went to Newton MRT, all the while making jokes about Dornel screwing Zong with the EZ-Link card pass thing again. After that we went to Decoders and had surprisingly a fun time there, although I thought it would be boring. Definitely the best game we played was the writing-your-thoughts game. I'm sure we all enjoyed it, although Dornel was cheating a lot.

Recently I downloaded the Kanon series to watch so that I could argue with Dornel about CLANNAD, which we both seem to have forgotten about. Anyway, after finally finishing the download after 2 nights and 3 days, I opened up episode 1 to find out... I had gotten the wrong series. What I wanted was the 2006 edition which was animated by Kyoto Animation, but by accident I had gotten the 2002 edition which has considerably worse art. So I deleted 2002 and spent 2 days and 1 night downloading the 2006 edition, and I just got it a few hours ago. I'm on episode 4 now, and it seems that I'll genuinely enjoy watching. I noticed one CLANNAD character that seemed a lot like two Kanon characters.

Ayu <-> Fuuko <-> Makoto

While I sort of spoiled myself already, I plan on downloading the Kanon VN game with an english translation patch if I can find any, if not I guess I won't. But Ayu is so adorable~
I love how she jumps onto Yuiichi's bag and struggles around, the way her legs are flailing about is really cute.

x3

じゃね~!
ー少女おたく

No comments: