Monday, December 1, 2008

Call of Duty: World at War

Well, me and my brother have finally finished CoD:WaW Co-Op today, and we finally got the Playstation 3's network up and running again. Apparantly when my dad turned on WEP security before, he triggered a switch that only allowed 4 specific MAC addresses to connect to the modem, which was my mom's, my dad's, mine and my brother's, but my PS3's MAC address wasn't included in the list for some reason. So I was toying around in the dataframe thingy just now and saw it, input my PS3's MAC address and it should work fine now.

Anyway, I woke up at about 10a.m. and we started playing World at War after doing the normal stuff (shower, teethbrush, but no breakfast though) and we went through about 5 stages before you guys called me to go play DotA. Since at the start of the game it said that there was an auto-save feature we didn't go and check anything about the saves. So we were like "Alright, let's stop and quit." and we did.

Later on my brother was bored and went to look at our save files and noticed that we had only unlocked the first stage. Irritated by this, I went to search the internet. Apparantly World at War's autosave doesn't work in Co-Op mode, and to unlock the stages you have to play it in solo campaign.

On a happier note, I played a bit of World at War online Co-Op and versus matches. It's quite fun and the lag is a definite improvement over Call of Duty 4. Out of the 12-13 matches I played, only 3-4 of them had a 1-bar connection, which is a lot better than Call of Duty 4, in which probably only 1 of them would have had good connection.

The maps are also very big and wide, and with a lot of hiding spaces. And there are tanks. Friggin tanks. I really suck at it but it's fun to play. Hopefully I get a BDS (Black Dot Sight) for my BAR soon, although I'm not sure if it even has one.

So long!
じゃね~!
ーしょうじょおたく

No comments: