Saturday, October 17, 2009

Code Geass

I seem to remember making a post about this anime.
I just watched a really long movie. From episode 16, to episode 25.
It wasn't continuous, but it makes up what I was doing for most of today.
Thats 10 episodes, each about 22 minutes.
220 minutes.
Roughly 4 hours, in seperate parts of 1hr40 and 2hr20.

Well, that doesn't matter.

Code Geass is supermegafucking epic.
I just got the OST for S1 and am now obsessed with Masquerade.
Can't remember the name of the other song though.

I watched this last year in October, early October.
When I look at the post I made about it then, it was clear I still had the mindset of a little kid.
'Oh, lol, sweet robots epic fighting and that pewpew! This anime is fucking awesome!'

When rewatching anime, you do it, most likely, for nostalgia.
But when I rewatched Toradora and Code Geass, I realised that instead of those nostalgic feelings,
You tend to understand the story better.
Sure, Code Geass had shiny robots shooting the fuck out of each other with crazy animation quality.
But was that it?
Shiny robots with pink glitter pewpew makes Code Geass what it is?
A highly acclaimed anime.

Nah.
My second time through season 1, I got it.
As far as I can tell, I got all the emotions and feeling conveyed in each episode.
Despair, hope, anguish, suffering, the shit that can come from human hate.

I'm still a kid though.
I can expect some of you after reading the above 'paragraph' to start laughing at me.
Oh well.

Code Geass rises the ranks.

Animation - 9/10 (some parts where you can see the frame skips)

Sound - 7.5/10 (because Masquerade is so fucking awesome)

Story - 10/10 ('nuff said)

I probably missed a category or three.
I'm thinking of waiting until tomorrow for R2, but chances are I'll watch a few episodes today.
Ah, humans are so weak.

-Haruhiist

No comments: