Thursday, November 26, 2009

Anime Festival Asia '09

I woke up around 7:30 in the morning that day, got dressed and got to Dover MRT right on time at the designated meeting time, which was 8 or 8:30. I can't remember clearly anymore. Saw Thomas, then waited for Samuel for 30 minutes and we got to City Hall by about 9. Met up with Randall and 2 of his friends from Barker, then lined up for tickets until like 10. We went in and walked around, there wasn't much interesting except for a friggin Ichinose Kotomi figure that was priced at $80. I wanted to buy it, but was afraid I'd find something more appealing to me that would be out of my price range after I bought it, so I left it there.

Little did I know that I would come back to have a OHMYGODWHERETHEFUCKDIDITGO expression on my face about 4 hours later that day.

There wasn't really much to see, no incredibly impressive booths but the atmosphere was wild. It was incredibly crowded, probably because it recieved a lot of internet hype and advertisments and all that. Probably the only convention where foreigners come from overseas just to visit and walk around the convention. E.g. not guests that were invited.

Noisy, pushy, lots of free stuff. All of us got this huge plastic bag, and after walking around for awhile (I split up from the group a multitude of times), me, Jon Wei and Thomas went to line up at the KKnM line that lasted about 3 blocks of stores. With each block of store being about a 30 minutes wait, we stood in that line for 1 and a half hours. I nearly started crying because I'd been standing for the whole day already, and it was 11 when we started queueing. My gosh my back ached like all hell for some reason. In the end all I bought at KKnM was a Shana A4 folder. But I was happy with that.

After that went to eat lunch with Jon Wei and Thomas at the food court in a different tower. A cheaper, less crowded one. I bought overpriced chicken rice that Jon Wei thought was cute because my rice came in a pyramid shape.

Then everyone left, and it was just me and Samuel. I bought a Tsukimiya Ayu figure from the shop that had the Kotomi figure (I snatched the Ayu figure, deciding that I wouldn't be regretting anything else that day).

About 2 hours later after wandering with Samuel for damn long, I found out my Ayu had her leg broken off. Went back to the shop and asked if I could get a refund or a replacement, they told me there was no warranty at the marketplace but they told me how to fix it.

Anyway, went on to Anisong later that night. I love fucking concerts, YES. The singers sure do sing different in LIVE! compared to Studio recorded songs. Nakagawa Shoko has a much higher pitch in real life, and she screams a lot.

"YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I, ah.. RABU SINGAPORREEE! I RABU ALL OF YOU!"

Wow, but that was lovely concert. I loved Miku's performance, I saved my glow stick for that glorious 10 minutes. Too bad, it was only 10 minutes. She performed World is Mine, Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru and one other song that neither me nor Samuel could remember. Their all Project Diva songs though.

I stood for almost 1hr 10mins before my legs finally gave up on me (about 3 songs into Aniki's performance). I sat for the rest of the concert except for the final 2 songs, and the Shoko + Aniki 1st time together song.

A $100 well-spent in my opinion.

LOOT OF THE CONVENTION:
- Anisong Ticket
- Anisong Pass
- IDOLM@STER Fan

- Shakugan no Shana A4 File
- Tsukimiya Ayu 1/8 PVC Figure
- Nakano Azusa Keychain

-Haruhiist

No comments: