Saturday, June 6, 2009

FC Camp and Katawa Shoujo

It's over and with a little bit of luck, I've managed to pass the course. At least for the knots part, but for drills I only need to know the basic commands and sizing drills, most of which I know. I can do the first 3, to a certain extent but the 4th and 5th ones tend to escape me.

As mentioned before, no plans for the holidays but it seems I'm becoming sick again. Right now I have the aircon off and I'm wearing my jacket but it still feels pretty damn cold. Or at least, to the point where I have to rub my skin every once in awhile just to keep myself warm.

Just finished the Katawa Shoujo Act I demo, anyone who is interested in trying out visual novels should go find it. It's not that hard, and you just have to type Katawa Shoujo into the google searchbox. It's a visual novel made by Americans based on an 'extras' page in a doujinshi (fan-made comic), where the artist, RAITA, drew up 5 girls with disabilities. This group of Americans were inspired by this one single page, and have managed to work for 3 years now, coming up with one of the most brilliant visual novels I've ever played. Then again, that's only like 3, but yeah.

It's safe for work, as in theres no sexual content. There will be in the real release but there's an option to skip those scenes automatically so it should be okay for you all. Characters are well-developed and interesting considering it's only the first Act, which is more commonly known as the 'common path' which is the place where you tend to choose which girl's path you're going to end up on.

The first time, I got Emi, and second time I got Emi, so after that I decided to go and follow the walkthrough which you will find in the forums support section.

Yes, the quote in my personal message is from Katawa Shoujo, by a girl who paints even though she has no arms.

-HARUHIIST

No comments: